AIR FILTER TESTING & WASHING Mackay
Reduce air filter element costs by 70% across your entire fleet with our air filter washing and testing. At Filta-Wash Mackay, we follow specific guidelines to ensure that your filters are cleaned and working efficiently.
To enquire about our air filter services, contact us today.
Air Filter Washing & Testing
Due to the new technology and air filters with different types of media, we have adopted the latest solution in cleaning, as well as new, state-of-the-art water tanks for the process. This process can be completed for about a third of the cost of a new filter.
Air filter elements may be cleaned up to 3 times, provided they are pressure tested. This is a figure specified by Donaldson and other leading manufacturers.
We offer a free pick-up and delivery service (depending on quantity) around town with an estimated one-week turnaround depending on the customer’s requirements.
Our filter washing procedure is as follows:
- The filter is soaked in a specially formulated solution. This process breaks up the contaminants and dislodges it from the media.
- The first of two pressure tests involve increasing the inside pressure to 60 inH2O (equivalent of 60 inches of water). This is a stringent test, used by Donaldson to test their own new media, as even the smallest pin hole will show up as a huge eruption of bubbles. There is no better way of detecting holes in the media or faults at the end plate than using the bubble test. A light bulb test is useless and will not show up defects where the media has become unglued from the plate—a light cannot shine around corners.
- If the filter has passed this strict pressure test, the filter is then passed in our custom-designed wash machine. This system removes 95% of all contaminants and the final 5% is removed by a hand wash incorporating high volume and low pressure to ensure the filter is clean.
- A second pressure test is conducted to ensure the filter is now completely free from any defects.
- Excess water is removed by an industrial spinner and the filter is engraved with the customer’s name, number of washes and the date, so that the maximum times washed does not exceed six.
- To ensure the filters are totally dry, they are placed in one of our specially designed Filta-Wash Mackay industrial ovens and run for a specific time at a controlled temperature.
- After the element has been removed from one of the ovens it is placed on a shelf to allow to cool.
- Finally, they are packed in a heavy-duty sealed plastic bag ready for delivery back to the customer.
It is the policy of Filta-Wash Mackay to always provide its customers with quality products and services that will best suit their needs in all respects, thus achieving customer acceptance and satisfaction.
It is essential to our success in achieving this goal that we continually provide superior service and workmanship to meet client requirements, which will ensure Filta-Wash Mackay is your preferred service provider.
To this end, we have installed a quality management system based on AS3902 Quality Systems for Production and Installation to control our day-to-day activities. Quality control and safety procedures outlined in this policy are renewed every 6 months by our owner/manager. Only trained and competent workers will be washing operators.
We strive for excellence in every aspect of our endeavours with the end benefit to our customers in mind.
To ensure that the integrity of our company is never compromised, we develop trust and respect in our dealings with both our suppliers and customers, continuing to provide a service that is second-to-none.
Air filters washed and tested by Filta-Wash Mackay are guaranteed to be free of any defects in material and workmanship for a period of 14 days from the last date of washing inscribed or marked on the element. When this washing is done, air filters are then installed properly in accordance with the engine or equipment manufacturer’s service intervals.
We do not warrant washed air filters that are:
- Damaged in freight
- Not stored correctly after delivery
- Washed more than 3 times
If a filter is found to be defective during the 14-day warranty period, we will replace the air filter free of charge.
To obtain engine or equipment repairs under this warranty, the customer must submit a claim within this period and allow our technical services department to examine the engine or equipment filter. They will determine the extent of damage and cause of the defect, and whether the warranty is applicable.
Health and Safety
Filta-Wash Mackay acknowledges that safety is our most important consideration as we foster a collaborative team environment while at the same time aspiring to create zero harm and best practice through our safety management system to people, assets, the environment and the communities in which we work.